Thursday, August 6, 2009

Anti ISA Demonstration in Kuala Lumpur Occurred on 01.08.2009

I arrived at Jalan Tun Perak around 1.40 pm saw the FRU's men stood under the LRT's bridge toward Dataran Merdeka. I chat with few men infront of CIMB Bank. One of them said those assembled at the DM were stupid, did not thinking of their families' members fate if anything happened to them.

Disagreed, I said they were really brave men who did not like us who were only able to see them demonstrated to uphold justices. I further told them in order to leave in this world as human beings, we had to use our brain (knowledge), soul (believing), and 'tawaqal' to the Almighty Allah swt.

A safeguard slowly approached us and added that we had to think of our families' survivals first. He added, such demonstration would only make other people to suffer, especially people who wanted to move freely in KL, and to the traders.I told him such postulation was only for not knowledgeable and short-thinking people. Angrily, I said that was why he was only able to become a safeguard! Then I left.

I went near to the FRU's men under the lRT's bridge. Suddenly I heard I was called by someone who called me, "Hei abang, abang ke ni?" Oh, my first cousin Nasrun Osman, a trader. I was invited to go to his rented storeroom for textiles behind CIMB Bank. Just for a while, where then I proceeded to SOGO.

At 3.00 pm, I was already at SOGO. Beside SOGO I chat with a 'Pak Cik' who arrived from Talang, Kuala Kangsar. Five minutes later, suddenly the FRU's men bombarded us with canon of acid water and tear gas explosives nonstop.

By 3.30 pm, Myself and the PakCik stood on the bridge on LRT Bandaraya. Down there, we saw few men were caught terribly by the FRU's men. Few girls near us started to yell at the harsh actions. Few FRU's men rushed up onto the bridge and caught the girls infront of me, but were released for a while when later the chief of the FRU's men arrived later at behind started to instruct his men to re-arrest the girls who were already ran deep inside the LRT's station. We did know what happened to the girls then because the situation at that time was noisy and unpredictable. We were worried since already trapped! On the KL City's air, a helicopter was spying on the crowd and releasing information what the security's forces should do then.

A group of FRU's men tried to catch people at the five foot way of SOGO facing the LRT's station, however later were stopped by the SOGO's guards by yelling at them that there was a private premises. They stopped and turned away shyly. We later were instructed to leave the LRT's bridge one by one to go away by the FRU's men.

By 4.00pm, I went to Pasar Malam LTAR, again I had to run with few other bloggers because we were bombarded nonstop by the FRU's men. An ice/drink tank was broken due to the water shootings. At 5.00 pm, I had discussion on the situation with few PAS members included a PAS committee member from Cheras, and NGO bloggers near Semua House. One of them is Reform3.blogspot.com. from Alor Star.

That night through TVs' news, showed several selected traders of LTAR were interviewed who condemning all the demonstration's participants. They claimed incurred huge losses! Actually, the demonstrators had done no damage to them at all. The glass damage was due to the shooting of water canon by the FRU's men onto the Pasar Malam of LTAR, and it happened right infront of my eyes.

Noted prior to that many traders made a lot of profits because almost their customers that day were the demonstrators who had arrived early before the demonstration started! Not the menteris or the FRU's men were their customers.

No comments: