Wednesday, September 23, 2009

TWO DAYS CELEBRATING AIDILFITRI AT MY VILLAGE IN PARIT

We reached Kg Tengah Parit sharp at 7.00 am on 21st September 2009. Already in the house were my eldest sister and children, youngest sister and children, and second younger brother, still a bachelor. I saw around the house all were in order and nicely been cleaned after a year been left unattended. I felt happy, at least they were knowledgeable and responsible what they should do for the premises maintenance, and not solely depends on me all the time.

At about 10.30 am I went to Wan Timah’s, wife of the Late Pak Idris Pandak Haji accompanied by my second and youngest daughters, Zulaikha and Zuyyin. As practice previously, first we had to visit the ‘Kubur’ of my Late Father and Mother and other relatives who had already passed away. This time we did not go because of time constraint, and we just had visited the kubur few months back during the wedding of my youngest brother, Ahmad Faisal.

I sympathized with Wan Timah 74 years old who just lost his eldest son, Mohd Isa at the age of 56. A year ago, Isa’s wife, Intan passed away. Both of them died due to mysterious sickness.

Then I proceeded to go to Pakcik Jamal Nasir House. He was a former district footballer. When he was a bachelor he liked to draw portraits and admired Elvis Presley very much. After married, he concentrated more as a house builder. His eldest son died due to accident about 4 years ago, once a close friend of my second youngest brother.

I have lost many people in my kampung who had closed relationship with (when I was young and migrated at the of 19 of going to school, working, and attended universities outside the district and state) the late Pakcik Idris Pandak Haji, Pak Abd Samad (former Imam of Masjid Parit for several years), Pak Said, Pak Usup, Pak Nor, Wan Ah Intan, Wan Ah Cikgu (former UMNO Wanita henchwoman), Cikgu Sham, Kak Munah, and few others.

Still fresh in memory during school days in SMIS Parit. I was quite shy to girls. I had a lot of girls who admired me because at school I was one of the active students in sports also societies and held many posts as President, Chairman, and School and House Captain. I was a good debater and orator, too. I received a lot of ‘Cinta Monyet’ letters from some of the girls even from form one!

The following day, my wife, five of my children and myself traveled through Bota Kanan made u-turn and went straight to ‘berhariraya’ at Kg Paloh (where I was born), to meet Wan Besah, the late wife of Pakcik Jaafar, cousin to my late mother. At first she was not at home, except her daughter-in-law, a Kelantanese. Still fresh in our memory, we had tried several times to meet Wan Besah still unsuccessful. Her daughter–in-law told me that she was at the ‘rumah orang kenduri naik buaian anak’ about 100 meters southwards.

Without further thought, I went to the kenduri’s house. I was greeted by the owner of the house Ahmad Faisal Abdullah Sani. I knew he was related to me through his late father. If not mistaken his late father was a first cousin to my Late Grandfather, Kulop Hasnan. His late father was one of the two witnesses to my mother’s wedding with my father. But he seemed did not bother much of that/our relationship. However, he invited me then to have a drink.

He then met Wan Besah to tell her that I wanted to meet her. Later Wan Besah left the house with her friend, Wan Munah (the Late Pakcik Lee’s wife). Wan Besah told me; luckily I came to fetch her, because she had already tried to leave the ‘kenduri’ earlier but no appropriate reason to give to the inviter of the kenduri. I told her the way Ahmad Faisal treated me.

She told me that he just was liked that depended on his mood, sometime okay, sometime not. I was further told that, at the age of nearly fifty, the baby was Ahmad faisal’s first child! I understood and later pardoned him. Yeah, certain people are just like that too, not only him, but unconsciously sometime I have done the same. Because might be to so many things to be remembered and done at the same time. Hahaha, there I am.

We were at Wan Besah’s house for almost one and the half hours. Before left, she thanked us very much of visiting her and family. Once we left, she already planned and prepared to go to Sitiawan to visit her eldest son, Ramli.

Then we went to my cousin, Salmah Moin’s house about 200 meters still on the same road northwards. Met her husband, children, and grandsons. At age of 54, she was already having ‘sakit lutut’ causes her could not walk properly.

An hour later we went to my only untie still left in this world, Mak We Fatimah the mother to Salmah Moin. She was the eldest sister of my late mother.

Later, I was able to compromise with Mak We amicably about the land that she had promised to handover to my late mother about thirty years ago by an appropriate/little sum of money gratuity/compensation. Now I am the new owner of my late mother’s share by able to getting consensus from all my brothers and sisters. Mak We and myself hope this could be solved soon.

Still fresh in my mind, when I was a school children, during weekend I liked cycling to various places such as Bota Kanan, Batu Gajah, Beruas, Lumut, and once to Kuala Kangsar. I took four hours cycling to Kuala Kangsar in 1974 just to see an exhibition held at SMK Clifford there. I could not join the school bus trip at that time because I did not have enough money. So, all my friends went by bus, while myself was cycling to go there.

On Wednesday (23.09.2009), I intended to go to Bekor and Semat in southern of Kuala Kangsar, at the right Perak River’s bank where many my relatives live. However being cancelled later by myself of time constraint. ‘Perang Bekor’ was never recorded in the Perak/Malaysian History. Because in order to safeguard the national interest! How tolerance the Malays are! There, few of the victims still alive, but nobody seems interested to explore and write the true history of Perak/Malaysia.

No comments: